Bridgette has been thoroughly enjoying having her grandparents and aunt in town this weekend. With all the helping hands around, Dr Miller has been able to catch up on her sleep. And I have had a blast cooking up everyone’s favorite meals.
My dad, “the captain” has lost over 75 ponds since adopting a plant-based diet and has an appetite very similar to mine. This morning he requested that I make my oatmeal bars for breakfast. These bars are one of my favorite recipes for when I need to serve a large group something warm and hearty for breakfast.
I have also been fixing these at least two to three times a week for Dr Miller. We’ve found they are a great way to keep something ready to eat by her side as she has been up at all hours with Bridgette these first few weeks.
Banana & Raisin Oatmeal Bars
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup WW or GF flour
- 1/2 cup plant based milk
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
1. In a large bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork. Once the bananas are mashed, mix in the plant based milk, vinegar, and maple syrup.
2. Next add in the rolled oats, flour, raisins, cinnamon, and baking soda. Stir together until everything has been thoroughly mixed.
3. Scoop out the mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Smooth out the mixture so that it is around 1/2 inch thick.
4. Bake at 350 F for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes before slicing into bars and servings.
Thank you for your interest in our website. Hopefully after our articles will expand your knowledge store!