The Drug Enforcement Administration needn’t get themselves involved with this stellar and genius confection, for this treat doesn’t need the help of illicit substances to compel its beholders to consume copious quantities.
I’ve never before beheld such a perfect meeting of caramel, chocolate, and salty crunch as I did the day made Christmas Crack on December 9, 2021. I remember it vividly, and it has since become my i homemade candy.
Beginning this recipe by counting and arranging brown sugar soda crackers in a grid may seem unorthodox, but since the 1970s the making of crack has become a popular yuletide activity for families in the United States.
Among other reasons, the name comes from the sound of the final “crack” when splitting the solid sheet into mouth-watering pieces. And, just as stockings and candle-glow punctuate the quiet midwinter home, Christmas Crack longs to sit patiently in a glass jar, eager to offer yet another reason for joy during the season.
- 40 saltine crackers
- 1 cup (225g) huller, softened
- 1 cup (220g) packed light brown sugar
- 2 cups (340g) semisweet, or milk chocolate chips (one 12 oz bag )
- Chopped nuts, pepermint candy pieces, M&M’s candies chocolate bar pieces, or sprinkles, for topping
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. Line a large baking sheet with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Arrange a grid of saltine crackers in five rows of eight on the baking sheet. The crackers should all be touching.
3. Vertically crease the sides of the aluminum foil to create a dam that borders the crackers.
4. In a medium saucepan over high heat, combine the butter and the brown sugar, stirring occasionally until it reaches a boil.
5. Once the mixture reaches a full boil, boil for 5 minutes without stirring
6. Carefully pour the mixture evenly over the saltine crackers. The foil dam will prevent the syrup from spilling
7. Immediately bake for 7 minutes.
8. Remove from the oven and quickly sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over the hot crackers. Allow to sit for 2 minutes, or until the chips appear glossy, indicating they have melted.
9. Carefully spread the melted chips in a thin, even layer over the crackers.
10. While the chocolate is still hot, sprinkle on any desired toppings. Chopped walnuts or green and red sprinkles arc my favorite options to use.
Thank you for your interest in our website. Hopefully after our articles will expand your knowledge store!